|A small span of mules and their freight wagon await unloading on Helena’s Main Street in 1874.|
Montana Historical Society Photograph Archives, 954-200.
|All roads entered Last Chance Gulch via Main Street, as illustrated in this 1868 map. Streets on the grid from left to right: Clore (today’s Park) Street, Main (today’s Last Chance Gulch), Rodney Street, and Davis Street. |
Click on the map for a bigger image. Courtesy of DNRC.